Urgent appeal:Stand up for human rights and fight modern slavery in 2024
Saidou escaped slavery and now owns a small business and all her children are in education. Help support initiatives so people like Saidou can live in freedom.
Your gift to Anti-Slavery International at Christmas could:
Yes, I’ll give a donation to Anti-Slavery International at Christmas
More about our Christmas appeal:
As we approach a General Election, we need 2024 to be an even bigger year for Anti-Slavery International. We are planning some of our most ambitious projects yet. But with rising prices due to the cost of living crisis, it won’t be easy to achieve, and we need support.
Thankfully, a generous individual is doubling donations for a limited period of time, meaning we are closer than ever to getting the campaign funds we need for 2024.
Together, we need to raise £48,000 to make sure we can put human rights and modern slavery on the agenda of politicians in the UK and across the world in 2024. Can you donate to our people-powered plan to fight slavery in the UK and across the world?
A generous person has agreed to match every donation to help us reach our target. If you give now, your donation will go twice as far.
If we reach our target, together we’re going to:
- Fight for a Business and Human Rights law in the UK that stops businesses profiting from slavery and environmental destruction
- We will fight for new laws in the EU that make sure European countries cooperate to protect people
- Hold political parties to account in the run up to the General Election so that human rights can’t be forgotten
- We’ll train and empower groups of activists across the world to campaign against slavery
- We will research into climate change to show how it threatens our human rights and work side by side with climate change campaigners
- We will use media and social media to catch the eyes of politicians putting together manifestos, making sure they remember how many people are still suffering because of slavery
Founded in 1839, we are the world’s oldest international anti-slavery and anti-trafficking charity.
Our mission is to stop slavery. But we can’t do it without generous people like you.
We’ll use your donations in the best way possible to make change happen.
For every £1 you give, 83p is spent on supporting our partners to help free and empower people trapped in modern slavery and trafficking around the world.#
17p is spent on fundraising to generate future income and ensure your donation is still changing lives tomorrow.#
#as of 22/23 Anti-Slavery International annual report.
*name and image changed to protect her identity