Africa Programme Officer
This is an exciting newly created position to support the Africa Programme team in the administration of a range of anti-slavery projects across Africa. Currently the Africa Programme includes projects which provide support to survivors of descent-based slavery in Niger and Mauritania; initiatives aimed at ending forced child begging in Senegal, Niger, Nigeria and Mali, a project using local implementing regulations to end Child Domestic Work in Tanzania, as well as awareness raising and advocacy at the local, national and international level.
This exciting new role will be responsible for supporting the Africa Programme team in ensuring the efficient and effective implementation of project activities (including advocacy, research, publications, training, country visits, meetings and conferences), as well as contributing to donor reports and applications for new projects. The role will also involve monitoring slavery-related developments in Africa, attending meetings on behalf of the Africa Programme and responding to external enquiries.
We are looking for someone who can embody our values and who shares our passion for fighting slavery. With partners in six countries and a complex programme of work to deliver, the Africa programme requires a high degree of efficiency in administration, planning and financial management.
The Programme Officer role would suit someone who is extremely well-organized, who pays attention to detail and who enjoys record-keeping. Furthermore, the work will require communications with partners in French and the translation of reports and written correspondence. Fluency in both French and English is therefore essential.
If you think this role fits with your expertise and ambition, we would love to hear from you.
Application deadline: 28 March 2019
Anti-Slavery International Consultant directory: call for applications
Anti-Slavery International is establishing a directory of high quality specialist consultants who can fill project and research assignments, as and when they arise.
Assignments will vary in duration, type, requirements and location. Consultants will work alongside our permanent staff team of experts. This will give Anti-Slavery more flexibility to respond to calls, opportunities and requests.
We are looking for consultants who have experience of the anti-slavery sector with expertise, in any or all of the following areas:
- Research, specifically within the Anti-Slavery sector (including assessment of causes, policy context and evaluation of interventions)
- Project design – ideally in anti-slavery programming, but otherwise wider human rights
- Monitoring and evaluation – ideally in anti-slavery programming, but otherwise wider human rights
Individuals interested in applying to be included in the directory should submit the documents below to email@example.com:
- A cover letter explaining your areas of expertise and experience. Please ensure this includes which countries you have worked in and which languages you speak.
- A complete CV (Applicants are requested to submit details of their previous consultancies). Please indicate in your cover letter if you are happy for us to contact your previous employers for reference purposes
Please write “Consultants Directory” and your name in the subject box of the email.